Angels in Motion is changing the way those suffering with the disease of addiction are treated, one life at a time. We go to the streets of Kensington and hand out snack 'blessing bags,' PB&J sandwiches, clothing and toiletries. Each blessing bag contains an AIM resource pamphlet with information and phone numbers to call when seeking medical help, shelter, detox/ treatment etc. The blessing bags are the perfect way to make that first contact and start forming a friendship and building trust. We give love, acceptance and continued support to guide them into recovery.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP, please consider donating items from the list below. You can bring the items to the Blessing Bag Party and we will put the bags together. If you cannot attend and would like to donate: snacks can be dropped off at Steps To Recovery anytime between Noon and 1:30 pm- Monday through Friday or Between 5:30 and 8:30 pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Regarding drop off of donations, please text or call Dana Kaufman, Program Manger at STR at 267-244-1107 or message on FB.
Snack-sized, individually wrapped snack list:
1. Yoo-hoo, Capri-Sun, Kool-Aid Jammers etc.
2. Poptarts, Poparts, Poptarts — The packaging is deceiving because the box will say 12 poptarts but they are packaged in a 2 pack so it is really only enough for 6 bags. We always seem to run out of poptarts!!!
4. Rice Krispie treats
5. Cereal bars, granola bars (chewy), Nutri-grain bars
6. Apple sauce cups or pouches/pudding cups/ fruit cups
7. Peanut butter crackers
10. Chips, pretzels, popcorn, Doritos
11. Gallon Zip Lock bags
12. Plastic spoons
13. Large reusable shopping bags with handles to carry completed Blessing Bags. ACMoore has the bags for 1.00 each. Teachers and those in the military get a 15% discount.
We like to put a note of encouragement in the bags also. Adults or children can make notes. We say things like: You are Loved, You matter, You are not alone and Stay Strong. You can bring them to the 'party.'
Thank you for you willingness to help those in need. Together we can make a difference.
Dana Kaufman, Program Manager at Steps to Recovery
Donna L. Courts, AIM Angels in Motion
cell — 215-512-5740