**SPACE WILL BE LIMITED...PLEASE REMEMBER TO RSVP BY GRABBING YOUR FREE TICKETS ON THIS EVENT PAGE***
This event is ultimately an effort to educate and increase awareness related to addiction and co-occurring mental health issues. Focus points at the event include:
1. Viewing addiction as a chronic, treatable illness… as opposed to a crime.
2. Education on Opiate Overdose & Emergency Response.
3. Information/Education on the family dynamics associated with addictive disorders, including resources on when, where and how to seek help.
4. An immersive community Q & A Session with the Panel of speakers.
5. Local vendors and displays.
Speakers will include:
Dale Kerns, Candidate for U.S. Senate 2018 and Sponsor of the Bill: Addiction is Not a Crime which aims to make treatment more accessible for those charged with non-violent drug related crimes. For more information on Dale… and his campaign please visit dalekerns.com
Paul Fletcher, Former MLB Pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies and Oakland A's in the 1990's and a person in long-term recovery.
David Malloy, MSW Intake Supervisor for Merakey. Has many years of experience in the field of addiction treatment and recovery and is a compelling and regarded speaker on the topic of addiction and family education.